At The Brand Identity Queen we take the security and use of your personal information very seriously.
Please take a couple of minutes to read through this policy so that you are aware of exactly how and why we collect, store and process your information.
Please contact Katie Bell at email@example.com if you have any questions or queries relating to this policy or any other aspect of data protection.
Our legal basis
- Our legal basis for processing and holding information for those that are not current clients of The Brand Identity Queen is consent.
- We will only hold names and email addresses of those individuals who have consented to have specific marketing information sent to them. Once you opt in to receiving this information you will be able to unsubscribe at any time.
- Your consent to continue to receive this information will be re-established every 2 years.
- If you are a current client of, or supplier to The Brand Identity Queen we will hold contact details for you in order to communicate with you effectively and for legitimate and necessary business purposes.
- We will delete your contact information once our working relationship has come to an end unless it is required for insurance purposes.
Where do we get your information from?
- If we are sending you marketing information it is because you gave us your details and opted in to receive them.
- Any details we hold on current and previous clients will be information that you have provided to us in order to facilitate an effective and successful working relationship.
- If you are one of our suppliers any contact details we have for you will be information that you have provided to us.
Where is your information stored?
- If you subscribe to receive our newsletter and regular updates your details will be stored in a cloud-based system.
- While this system holds its servers outside of the EU please be assured that the information is secure, encrypted and the system is part of the Privacy Shield Framework that makes it compliant with EU regulations.
- Client information is stored securely within a cloud-based system and on our secure email server.
- These systems also hold their servers outside of the EU but are secure, encrypted and part of the US Privacy Shield Framework.
- Any payments made to us will be paid via our invoicing system. We do not hold any bank or credit card details.
How long will we hold your information for?
- For marketing purposes your information will be stored until you unsubscribe from our mailing list.
- Your consent to receive this information will be reviewed every 2 years.
- Client and supplier information will be deleted once our working relationship has come to an end unless we are required to hold it for insurance purposes.
Sharing your information
- Your information will not be shared with anyone outside of ‘The Brand Identity Queen’ unless required to do so by law.
- If you are a current client then your details may be shared with one of our partners (such as our printer or web-designer) from time to time in order to enhance the services we can offer you.
- We will never pass on this information without your prior knowledge and consent.
The information we hold on you belongs to you and you have the right to the following:
- To see what information we hold
- To have a copy of that information in an easily readable format
- To amend any of that information
- To restrict how we use your information.
- To have your information deleted from our systems (as long as we don’t need to hold it for insurance or legal purposes)
You also have the right to know exactly how we collect this information, how it’s stored, how long we will keep it for and whether we use automated decision making or profiling.
If you would like to exercise any of the rights above then please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also, if you are unhappy with any aspect of how your information has been obtained, stored or used then please contact us on the address above. If you don’t feel as though your complaint has been dealt with satisfactorily then you have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Please be aware that it may be necessary to hold some specific personal details on you in order to facilitate a functional working relationship. If you do not wish us to hold any details on you at all then unfortunately we will not be able to work with you.